Cooking and eating
If you are bringing a group to the Quinta you can choose to self-cater or use the catering packages offered by local caterers.
Self-catering for your own group
You’ll find the kitchens are fully equipped with all necessary cooking, dining and serving equipment, and the duty manager will show your caterers how everything works.
Self-catering is a great way to keep the cost of your weekend down, and also a good opportunity for people to get to know each other over the prep and clearing up. There’s even a dishwasher to make it all faster and easier!
We provide: bin bags, detergent for the dishwasher and cleaning sprays for the kitchen surfaces.
You will need to bring tea towels, washing up liquid, dish cloths and scourers.
If you would prefer to have a fully (or part) catered weekend, Gracious Catering will happily keep your group well fed, serving fresh, homemade meals. Please speak to them directly to discuss your requirements and menu options.
Fully catered package – £16.50 per person per 24 hours
Special Student weekend package – £22 per person
To plan a catered weekend please call Grace or Charles on 01691 590583 or 07506 842562
Supplies for self catering
If you are catering for a large group, you may find it easiest to order online and get groceries delivered direct. Tescos, Asda, Sainsburys and Iceland offer this service.
For all deliveries, please make sure your name is on the order, along with the name of the group and the accommodation unit you are staying in (Quinta Hall, Severn Lodge etc).
Other local suppliers who deliver include:
- Battams General Butchers – local butcher selling locally sources produce, including catering packs. 01691 654844
- The Little Food Company – provides cooked and fresh poultry, fish, fresh & frozen meats. 01691 668004
- Martin Edwards delivers milk, eggs & potatoes 01691 778266
- Local Supermarkets
- Oswestry has a Sainsbury, Iceland, Morrisons and Aldi.
- Wrexham has a big Tesco, Asda, Morrisons and Lidl.
- Stan’s Superstore is an independent supermarket in St Martins selling most things but not specialising in catering-size packs. Great for last minute panics.